Thursday, March 8, 2012
Reflection on Timeline-Map project
The Timeline-Map project we did last week in class at first seemed to make no sense. When the idea of this project was presented, my first initial reaction was to figure out a way where all of these religions actually had a way in intertwining. When we got in our groups, we split up the four topics in our group of three. I had buddhism, which was always an interest for me because of my past camp consular who was buddhist. The hardest part about this project wasn't finding a way they all intertwined, I soon discovered. The hardest part of this project was finding and picking the best important event to be labeled on the timeline-map. I finally picked the events that corresponded the most with the rising and decreasing events of buddhism. When we combined our tags to set up our timeline, we discovered a smooth path of events that trailed after each other, braiding the different religions together. The process of this project was stressful at times, but once you got hold of a idea of a tag you were set. Putting time and effort into finding the best tags pays off in the end when you present with the other religions no doubt. I don't think this project should change if done again because it really made us think in a different mind frame. I would possibly change the amount of class time dedicated to explaining the project, so kids wouldn't be as confused at the start of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment